Also listed as Historic Monument, this private mansion, built in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, has been turned into a Museum of Art and History. It houses beautiful furniture collections and series of artefacts which tell the story of old Le Havre de Grâce.
Returning from a nine year trip that had taken him as far as China, Joseph Dubocage de Bléville (1676-1727) bought this private mansion. Together with his son, they create a large trading company also displaying cabine
Temporary exhibitions about the history of trade and maritime commerce in le Havre are regularly set up in this museum. Permanent exhibits include porcelain items from China and glassware. The main seventeenth century buildings open onto a French formal garden.
Musée Dubocage de Bléville – 1 rue Jérôme Bellarmato – 76600 Le Havre
Tel : 02 35 42 27 90
Open everyday from 10H (10H30 week-ends) to 12H and from 13H30 to 18h, except Wednesdays from 14H to 18H.
Closed Tuesdays and January 1st, May 1st and 8th, July 14th, November 11th and December 25th.
Only ground floor rooms are accessible to disabled people.